Tuesday, January 20, 2009

bristol bakery by myself

It sure has been a busy week... I am on my last day in Vermont, and the first free moments of alone time. I have seen all, and all have seen me, and it feels good. Each time I come back to Vermont I do the run around thing, because let's face it, I like to, but i have been going non-stop. I always want to make sure I don't miss out on all the possible reconnections. Today was a meeting with the girls who I travelled to Ghana with; Courtney, Claire, and myself visited, with special guest appearances from Claire's week old baby, and her baby's daddy, both of which are adorable. So as I sit at the Bristol Bakery, blogging, drinking coffee, and taking photos of myself to properly document how I look, I am able to stop and think of all the things I've done this week, and fully understand why it seems like I just got here. I look forward to Portland in my near future, going back to work seems nice, having a routine again, seeing my love, and getting the ball rolling on signing the lease to my house, but I will miss Ty crawling into bed with me at 6:30 in the morning, Garrett's smiling face, conversations with Zarabeth about organic/sustainable food options, Chris's zen mode, my father's shorts, and my mother's open-caring heart. See you soon Vermont, here I come Portland.

1 comment:

Jess said...

you love dad's shorts.